PDA

View Full Version : New weatherstripping for my sunroof

RedlineRacer
11-30-2004, 12:29 PM
I am tired of hearing it whistle. I've adjusted it plenty of times and it will work good for a few months and then will start whistling again, and I have to keep the level half way open to keep a good seal. So, the people that have replaced their weatherstripping, did you completely stop the whistle? I am thinking about getting new weatherstripping, but I don't want to spend the money on it, if it will not completely shut it up. I would love to weld the entire sunroof area closed and make a new headliner, but I think that would be way too expensive.

Yoshi
11-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I hear ya man.
I dunno where you'd get a new seal, but I'd be down for buying one, that's for damn sure. Keep this thread updated with what you find out plz :)

kingsol
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
did you put washers on those two screws? i did it when i got my car and it hasn't been a problem since

s156spd
11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
I am tired of hearing it whistle. I've adjusted it plenty of times and it will work good for a few months and then will start whistling again, and I have to keep the level half way open to keep a good seal. So, the people that have replaced their weatherstripping, did you completely stop the whistle? I am thinking about getting new weatherstripping, but I don't want to spend the money on it, if it will not completely shut it up. I would love to weld the entire sunroof area closed and make a new headliner, but I think that would be way too expensive.

i also had the same problem with the rubber seal. I replaced mine. It made a big difference. it retails for about 100 bux but if u go in with greasy hands and tell them u work for a performance shop up the street they usually give u the 20% back depending were u go. When I replaced the seal it was a bit of a bitch to get back in between the black fiberglass border piece. The molding actually requires some trimming. But I would suggest to put it on do not stretch it because if u do when u close the sunroof it wont look right in some parts. So make sure and give it as much slack as it needs all the way around especially on the corners. Then snip it, but leave and extra inch cuz u can always mush it in. plus it pushes together for a better seal. I chose to put a dab of rubber cement in-between the cut. Everything came out great. This was for a 95 se

RedlineRacer
11-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Are the nissan dealerships the only place to get them? I would much rather go with some aftermarket.

Also, i put the washers in a long time ago. don't work good anymore.

FRpilot
11-30-2004, 05:41 PM
weld that sunroof shut!!

Pacman
11-30-2004, 08:54 PM
weld that sunroof shut!!

Never in a million years!!! I got mine and it doesn't whistle or leak. One thing went right when I bought the car.

*On a side note, when I checked out a '93 Coupe, the sunroof flipped up along with sliding back. My sunroof in my '91 doesn't have that feature. Is that normal?

kandyflip445
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Mine doesn't have that either. And there is a glue for weatherstripping, they sell it at Wal-Mart.