PDA

View Full Version : Quick help pls. Dropped Plastic bit in my intake.

Sweds13
12-19-2020, 05:52 AM
Hi.

Was changing injectors on sr20. Little useless plastic bit of injector had come loose. Idiot me tried to fish it out but instead it fell in the intake. Price is about 5mm high 8mm diameter. Removed the fuel rail, as I should have done straight away. Can't see it, can't really fish it out. Don't know what to do. I'm thinking worst-case scenario if I say fuck it is that it gets stuck in the valve open and valve fucks the piston. Advice please.

zombiewolf513
12-19-2020, 06:55 AM
pintle cap?

take the intake/intercooler cold pipe off and try to use a shopvac to suck it out through the throttle body (make sure its open).

worst case scenario take the manifold off and shake it out.

If it fell into the cylinder you could remove the spark plug and try to extract it with the age old "gum on a stick" type trick.
If its in the cylinder but you can't see it, you could try agitating it by blowing some air in there with the compressor.

Another way would be to roll the engine over until an intake/exhaust valve is open and blow air through the spark plug hole at, idk, maybe 70 psi and probably blow it out. Maybe even vacuum the TB while blowing air into the spark plug hole.

Sweds13
12-19-2020, 08:13 AM
Yeah the pintle cap. That's great advice. Only problem is the car is not near a outlet. Since changing the injectors is eminir job only requireing like two tools I didn't bother driving it up to the garage... In hindsight I highly regret it. Walked probably a mile to and from the fucking car.

zombiewolf513
12-19-2020, 09:39 AM
eh, itll melt.

Sweds13
12-20-2020, 02:31 AM
eh, itll melt.

How sure are you about that?

zombiewolf513
12-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Roughly 93.726% sure.

brndck
12-21-2020, 10:18 AM
dude I would NOT run the car with a chunk of plastic floating around.
Get tools, remove the intake manifold, find the chunk, remove it.

even if it DOES pass through the cylinder, do you want it bouncing around in your turbo?
I get that its only plastic, but still.

TheRealSy90
12-21-2020, 12:39 PM
It's crazy how many times i've removed injectors from an sr and they were missing pintle caps, and the engine still ran fine.

brndck
12-22-2020, 08:24 AM
It's crazy how many times i've removed injectors from an sr and they were missing pintle caps, and the engine still ran fine.
yes, but if you knew about it, when it happened, would you just send it?
I'd like to think i'd exhaust all possibilities of removing it instead of just hoping it would be fine.

Kingtal0n
12-26-2020, 03:14 PM

So THATS where they've been going!

And here I thought somebody was going around, removing them

Blind! So blind. It turns into a snack! Of course it does

Sweds13
01-23-2021, 07:42 AM
Update, just sent it. It's been running fine. No problem

tuzzio
01-23-2021, 09:02 AM
Update, just sent it. It's been running fine. No problem

Wouldn't have been my recommendation but, wholesome update. Keep us updated.

Kingtal0n
01-31-2021, 03:28 PM
Im sure the pistons are fine with pintle shaped holes peppered and mashed throughout

:D