PDA

View Full Version : atmoshereic bov on ka? cant find old thread

nd240sx3
11-29-2004, 11:24 PM
yeah i know i searched and i cant find it, i know i saw it a while ago but now i am not haven any luck. anyone help me out, or answer my question for me. ok my friend wants to run a atmosperic bov but u cant with mafs, UNLESS if i remember correctly u move the MAFS to infront of the throttle body. is this correct? if so, is there anything else i am forgetting thanx hope someone can help . he wil be runnin sr injectors, walboro pump, apex safc2 and stock ecu with stock mafs. thanx

S14DriftR
11-29-2004, 11:39 PM
dont do it, run and external wastegate dumping to atmosphere instead, sounds much cooler than the rice boy bov psssssh.

nd240sx3
11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
well its my friend who is i think determined to run atmosphereic bov. soo i just thought i would try and help him out, i am using a stock porshe bov which recirculates. i tried to tell him but i think he wants to go with the hks super sequential and i cant seem to find the kit to make it recirculate so i figured relocating the mafs is the next best thing

skatanic28
11-30-2004, 12:46 AM
you could either do the blow-thru mafs like you mentioned, or use the safc's decel airflow correction function. people have had mixed luck with the blow-thru setups, seems mafs placement is pretty important.

Mr. Spool
11-30-2004, 07:36 AM
have somewhere around 8in before maf with no bends and 8 in after maf with no bends. at least thats how I run it, I did it this way becouse of a test done on cobra maf as to the best placement. my Idle is better than when it was pull through, along with better throttle response. one thing that I do is periodically clean my maf with contact cleaner becouse more oil will get on it.

I have never used the decell option, on my afc but probably will later.

by the way how does running basically an open header sound cooler... than an open air blow off valve. running an open dump wastegate is a sure way to get a ticket, harassed by cops, and have your girl leave you for haveing a car that sounds like its broke.... and you meant to do it.

bdeisle
11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
buy an hks . like i posted in the ka tech forum. i run hks super blow. stays shuts holds my 14psi fine and my roommate runs open with a bronze hks. i forget the name but they work fine. other then that . its mainly a issue of staying closed at idle and not leaking when boosted

nd240sx3
11-30-2004, 04:49 PM
thanx i appreciate it

Maeda
11-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Emanage has a correction feature you can use to run atmospheric BOV.

Oh and DO run a atmostphertic wastegate dump and plumb the tube out your fender. It's badass.

nd240sx3
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
kew will do

Maeda
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
by the way how does running basically an open header sound cooler... than an open air blow off valve. running an open dump wastegate is a sure way to get a ticket, harassed by cops, and have your girl leave you for haveing a car that sounds like its broke.... and you meant to do it.

The wastegate dump wont disturb other exhaust gasses when they really need to be leaving ASAP. If you hit full boost anywhere NEAR a cop your a moron and are asking for a hood pop.

oh, and my girl loves it. =)

240silvia
11-30-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm the friend that's doing the KA-T. I'm going to run a HKS SSQ and get the SAFC-II and run the correction feature.... problem solved..... I believe lol.

nd240sx3
11-30-2004, 08:21 PM
lol for ur sake i hope the prob is solved lol