PDA

View Full Version : not the ussual ticking

doainwpg
11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I had an issue with lifter tick before, parked my car for bout a month, when i went and fired it up thursday no tick. now this morning i get in get about 5 miles & the tick is back. wtf?
i thought it was a bad lifter but now i'm not so sure. now i'm thinking it might be some crap in my oil or something, going to do an oil change tommorow. is there any way to flush the engine well or should i just look for new lifters?

sr240mike
11-27-2004, 04:44 PM
I had a ticking sound that sounded like the lifters too. I went out and tried to find the nastiest harshest chemical oil flush possible but settled with one found at a local autoparts store. I forget the name. Ive heard of some flushes at dealerships that connect to your oil filter to flush the system out.
So anyway, I dumped it in, let it idle for awhile, lifter noise went away, then pulled the oil pan to clean out as much crap as possible, and there was a lot of sludge. I also poured a few quarts of oil through it with the valve cover off to help get out anything else. I then refilled it with some 20w50 and the noise was gone.

Phlip
11-27-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm