PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Type-S BOV in stock location problem

Pepperoni
11-24-2004, 07:15 PM
I've tried searching for days (not only here but on other forums as well) along with trying out different things. I have the turbo (t25) set at 9psi.

Basically, I have a greddy type s blow off valve with an RX7 flange/pipe. I decided to mount it in the stock location seeing that i had extra hoses and such. I also wanted to keep the stock look (california). Heres a pic of what it looks like

http://img114.exs.cx/img114/967/09170019.jpg

first off, i kept getting compressor surge no matter how i adjusted the bov. I read that people take out the bigger spring of the two springs inside, so i did. After i did this, I eventually got to the point of no more compressor surge after the adjusting screw is in about half way.

SO heres my problem:
If i boost UP to 3000RPM and let off the throttle, i get no compressor surge. But anything over 3000RPM, i get surge. Either situation im at full (9psi) boost.

Adjusting the bov screw barely does anything apparently; i even took out the screw entirely and it did nothing (engine idle-wise). I thought it was supposed to leak without the screw.

I have the upper (bigger of the two) nipple connected to the corresponding nipple on the throttle body. I also tried connecting the lower nipple to the wastegate, reason being that i read this would help get rid of the compressor
surge; i still got compressor surge with or without connecting the lower nipple.

Should i cough up the money and just get a flange/pipe for the hotpipe and plug up the SMIC, or is there something i can do about this? Im out of ideas. :cry:

kazuo
11-25-2004, 02:21 AM
That hose you have running back to the intake looks seriously kinked. I doubt it has anything to do with your problem, but still.

Perhaps the valve is simply stuck and won't open?

Take it apart and poke around. Clean it up, maybe that will solve the issue.

Try it on a friend's car.

Then, if all else fails, time to get a better blow off valve.

Pepperoni
11-25-2004, 02:38 AM
It might look kinked but it's alright. I think i might have figured out the problem, and it has to do with the RX7 flange/pipe. It's way smaller than the stock bypass valve piping, but i thought it would work. I'll reply later when i get it working. Thanks for your reply