PDA

View Full Version : z32 upright question...

lumbo007
11-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Ok, here's what I'm wondering... I'm looking to buy the z32 uprights, and I know they bolt on to the s13, but you have to use the z32 rear lower perch. I have a set of Tein HE's and Tein apparently won't sell just the lower perch. I heard that the JIC lower perch is the same thread and will work, but I just wanted to verify that it works (or dosen't). Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

the head
11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
get a thread gauge and measure the threads on the tien and then contact someone who sells JIC and ask if they can check thread pitch for you on it

projectRDM
11-24-2004, 08:45 AM
JICs are NOT the same. Neither is Apex'i, Zeal, or the D2s.

Cut and weld, it's quicker, costs less, and way less hassle.

As an added precaution, drill out the lower hole in the mount and run a grade 8 bolt through it to secure the two pieces, makes welding easier also.

FRpilot
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
i have a set of tein flex and a some z32 uprights laying around. i couldn't use the z32 uprights because tein wont sell the z32 lower perches seperate and i dont trust cutting and rewelding the lower perch even though thats how its done. haha. weld, get another set of coils/shocks, or be stuck with the stock 240sx uprights.

projectRDM
11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
I cut and welded my HEs, been fine for two years of hard driving, autocross, a few mountains runs, and several long distance trips. If you know how to weld there shouldn't be a concern at all.

SirWarrior
11-24-2004, 11:09 PM
This is exactly where I am at.
I don't have the coilovers yet. and am running on s13 upright right now till I find a set (not JIC) that will sell the S13 coilover with Z32 lower perches.
I am not paying twice for Flex's for each car. :(

FRpilot
11-25-2004, 02:36 AM
oh yea. someone on fresh alloy just posted their custom z32 lower perch production. it appears they cut the 240 perch and welded on a custom cnc machine fork style z32 lower perch on. looks nice! maybe if there is enough interest, he can do it for others?

projectRDM
11-25-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't have the coilovers yet. and am running on s13 upright right now till I find a set (not JIC) that will sell the S13 coilover with Z32 lower perches.

Zeal, KTS, D2, and several others do sell the mounts separately. Tein is the only one I've found/heard to be an issue.

Another option is to surf YahooJP and buy a blown set or pair, there's always a few floating around that look like hell and are trashed, but the mounts are fine.

SirWarrior
11-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Zeal, KTS, D2, and several others do sell the mounts separately. Tein is the only one I've found/heard to be an issue.

Another option is to surf YahooJP and buy a blown set or pair, there's always a few floating around that look like hell and are trashed, but the mounts are fine.
U my hero!!!!
:bowrofl:

Sil Beer S13
11-27-2004, 05:07 PM

Whats wrong with JIC?