PDA

View Full Version : SR20 coilpack question

Silverbullet
11-22-2004, 02:25 PM
i'm im sort of a pickle here. How can i test if my coilpacks are good? And what are the chances of them being damaged? I've taken off the rubber peice and it seems like its just a metal spring touching the metal inner tubing of the rest of the coil pack so it dosnt look like they can come loose very easily.

90sr
11-22-2004, 02:44 PM
alls you gota do is take one a your plugs out put it in the coilpack, and hold it bout half an inch from the block and try to crank the motor and see if theres a spark, if there is everything is fine, if there isnt change your plug and if there still isnt spark then sumtins wrong with either your coilpack, or not getting the right signal from your ignitor to ecu, and if thats the case might wana check your cas, but do wat i said first, try it with every coil pack and brand new spark plugs if you can. good luck

chris

Silverbullet
11-22-2004, 05:54 PM
im supposed to tighten the spark plugs 1/2 - 3/4 turn after hand tightening? Damn, that is insanely tight... i used to just stop when it feels fairly tight (1/4 turn)

Kid Zelda
11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Unplug the coil from the engine harness.

Measure the resistance in terminal 1 and 2.. you should have 1-ohm .. if not , repalce coil.
thanks

Kid Zelda
11-22-2004, 06:05 PM
BTW, spark plugs, hand tight . .then a 1/4 turn always works for me .. no trouble .. no problems