PDA

View Full Version : need help with idle/egr/o2 sensor functions, HAVE SEARCHED!

Johny5
11-22-2004, 02:05 PM
ok, my situation goes like so...

i bought an obx header (hot shot copy, cheap, piss off)that sucks the wang and my egr tube doesn't line up into it right. so the day i installed it 3-4 months ago or so i used the egr plug on the exhaust manifold side and just said screw it. well, it finally got to me and i wanted it done right so i took the header off 2 days ago. i loosened the egr setup and unplugged my headers 2 o2 sensors and took it off. i tried to get the egr setup to go in right and no dice. so fine, i was really pissed with this poor product by that time so i reinstalled EVERYTHING exactly how it was before i started. headers replugged at the egr bung, the egr stuff is tightened, the thing beside the egr valve thats held on by 2 8mm bolts is tightened and my 2 o2 sensors are plugged back in.

so now i go to start the car and i noticed it went up kinda high, 2k rpm-ish and then when it started to normalize the idle fluctuated. not so bad at cold, sometimes when its cold its 500-700 rpm, 600-900 rpm, 800-1000 rpm. but then when its hot its more like 100 or 200 rpm to 1000 rpm up and down. but my power is fine all throughout the power range. it pulls real hard just as it did before and it doesn't stumble anywhere.

so i assumed o2 sensor, front one was a little damaged before so no biggy, i bought a new one and replaced it. wired it up because its a universal one and bam, my front o2 code and egr codes went away after install and reset, but the car still idles like it did before. its no longer throwing any codes and just to make sure i tested it and sure enough, 55, the normal functioning code.

so i checked my vacuum lines and nothings disconnected :faint:

i have noticed my alternator belt is kinda loose and squeals real easily and when my rpm's start dropping to around 100 or 200ish my lights went real dim and fluctuated. could tightening the alternator belt fix all this? i doubted it personally because the problem was non-occuring before.

i really need you guys help. i have to have my car for work tommorrow and i'm just purely out of ideas.

i can be contacted through aim: Johny5 NOTaRoBoT
or replies can be posted here.

please help me D: