PDA

View Full Version : Changing the turbo on my redtop, few questions

spitefulcheerio
03-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, hope to get a little help with something. I tried searching but I'm reading a lot of different things and wanted to see if I can get some clarification

Currently have my stock T25 installed, bought a GT2560R off a friend as a small upgrade and I'm getting everything sorted for the install next weekend. I know manifold to turbo and turbo to donwpipe are good to go, no worries there. I also already bought the couplers I need for the compressor inlet and outlet. My issue is with the oil and coolant lines...

This turbo is basically an s15 turbo if I'm not mistaken. Will the coolant and oil lines I have right now work on the new turbo or will I need adapter fittings to screw the lines into my new turbo? Wondering about the gasket for the oil drain and if the T25 and the one on this turbo are the same; I can see it is a two bolt flange just like the one on my T25, just need to know if size is different.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers!

edit: i already have SS oil lines installed just for clarification.

5t341tH
03-19-2020, 01:56 AM
the oil drain is different than the t25 one

EFITTZY
03-19-2020, 07:15 AM
You shouldn't have an issue, your ss lines and fittings are the same for both t25 and t28 turbo iirc.

5t341tH is correct. Pick up a new t28 oil drain. They are slightly different, t28 is longer with another bend.

Gasket is the same size two bolt flange. You should be good to go man. It's a nice little upgrade :2f2f:

Kingtal0n
03-29-2020, 06:12 AM
make sure using ball bearing oil feed lines which contain different size orifice