PDA

View Full Version : Toyota 5.7L in S-Chassis?

NashT
12-26-2019, 05:11 PM
Hey guys i tried googling with no results.

Just wondering if anyone has seen someone do a toyota 5.7L swap in a 240?

Thats a badass motor with an abundance of hp and torque, i love it in my truck and cant imagine how it would feel in a 240

Thanks

S14rebuild
12-26-2019, 05:13 PM
For the price it takes to swap it...there are other viable options that would be cheaper, less custom fab work/wiring. Not to mention aftermarket support.

But if u chose to ignore all tee above, feel free to go for it, be a first and diffrent from others. Just start a build thread so we can all see the progress and effort put forth

lewisfk
12-27-2019, 02:56 PM
The 1uz Toyota engine swap is not so complicated, try using parts from that swap. I never compared the blocks to see where the engine mounts would line up. Just shooting for the hip, good luck!

5280VertDET
12-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Engine height is going to be your problem, much like the Nissan 5.6 and the LS truck intakes. Tall intakes and low sumps. Unlike the LS, the 5.6 and 5.7 have no aftermarket easy & cheap swap components.

mechanicalmoron
12-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Engine height is going to be your problem, much like the Nissan 5.6 and the LS truck intakes. Tall intakes and low sumps. Unlike the LS, the 5.6 and 5.7 have no aftermarket easy & cheap swap components.

Not to mention being flimsy garbage.

If you want to put something dumb and heavy that doesn't fit, try an older gm or mopar v8.

jedi03
12-30-2019, 12:57 PM
buddy did one...was very heavy and costly but worked! we did discuss power output vs LS and LS seemed like better option longterm...

NashT
12-30-2019, 02:50 PM
buddy did one...was very heavy and costly but worked! we did discuss power output vs LS and LS seemed like better option longterm...

You did a toyo 5.7 swap or just an old domestic v8 swap?

The 5.7 is a badass engine that likes high and constant revs unlike the LS.

Would it be a hassle and require some fab, definitely, but im not trying to run what everyone else is. Was just curious if anyone has done the swap or seen one in an S-Chassis. I saw a supra that a dude had stuffed the toyo 5.7 in, where I got the idea from

I hadn't thought about the height though, thats a good point. And i could be wrong, but i thought it was an aluminum block- will google

NashT
12-30-2019, 02:54 PM
5.7 service weight is 489 lbs
LS1 service weight 430 lbs

The HP & Torque difference alone would make up for the weight difference

lewisfk
12-31-2019, 09:01 AM
^^ Do you bro! I'm trying to secure a g35 coupe or 350z chassis to swap in sr20det vvl. I'm not the first to do the swap and i will not be the last.

mechanicalmoron
12-31-2019, 05:52 PM
5.7 service weight is 489 lbs
LS1 service weight 430 lbs

The HP & Torque difference alone would make up for the weight difference

The HP and torque difference is that the toyota engine is stuck at what it makes, while the ls will make any amount of power you want, for cheaper.

They have a heavy knock from the factory.

That's not how weight works. You can't make up for it.

Little Toyota V motors could be more interesting.

silviaks2nr
01-01-2020, 11:27 AM
I would never consider it and I have a tundra with this engine, it's just so massive and there's really no aftermarket for it.

jedi03
01-02-2020, 08:51 AM
we did both...the ls was preferable due to aftermarket support

lewisfk
01-02-2020, 10:26 AM
There is aftermarket support but not as robust as the sr/rb/2jz etc. Lot of my oil field buddies here in Texas love their Tundra trucks and love supercharging. They have no problems finding parts, I don't understand why people are giving him/her so much shit. Pitch in with some knowledge and support and let's see this beast rip it up!

https://www.realstreetperformance.com/pauter-x-beam-rods-toyota-tundra-3ur-fe-v8-5-7l-set-of-8.html
https://www.trdusa.com/trd-engines-behind-the-build.html

Yotashop.com