PDA

View Full Version : nurspec clearence

mjjstang
11-20-2004, 07:48 AM
hey, so the other day I went over a speedbump, with my stock suspension s13, and the nurspec crapped out hardcore, is this commen, I mean if you look at it, the exhaust is damn low, I couldnt imagine lowering the car, I mean its so close to the ground as it is (the exhaust that is, the car has 4x4 look) I would think it is impossible to install the exhaust wrong, but damn, is this normal,

blitz180
11-20-2004, 11:52 AM
I got a nurspec on my hatch, and I have only hit two things with it. I hit a HELLA high speed bump one, and I drug a steep steep incline once. My car has Tein S Tech springs on it also which is a lil more than an inch drop in the back.

dizastaman
11-20-2004, 09:34 PM
yup i have the same problem. I had my car up on stands today looking at what i could do about it. then i got hungry and forgot about it.

Legacy
11-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Blitz Nur Spec piping sits low... get used to it cause there's nothing that can be done. I don't know how you did it with stock ride height though? That's just ridiculous. Your stock exhaust bushings are probably sagging so you might want to get some urethane ones. I bet it wobbles too right?

My car isn't even that low, I'm gonna go lower and I know for sure it's gonna scrap on everything but it's strong so don't worry about it... just don't rush over things.

Yardape
11-20-2004, 10:33 PM
yeah my friend has blitz nur spec LM edition or something, its the one with the 3.75" piping, limited edition...
and he has stock suspension (for now) and he was scraping on driveways with 3 ppl in it.

street assassin
11-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Get some 2inch hose clamps, one for each hanger. Wrap them around, then tighten as you see fit. This will raise the exhaust up.

mjjstang
11-20-2004, 11:12 PM
hmm thanks for the ideas, really my exhaust seems solid, now this was the biggest speedbump ive ever seen, but still even on flat ground, it sits rediculously low, oh well,