PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! KA24ET wont stay on!

ticklemeermuel
11-20-2004, 02:48 AM
k guys well here's my new dilema. just swapped in another ka24e with my turbo kit. first motor went bad with about 223,000 miles on it :freak I just finished swapping in a newer sohc ka. car starts then idles really low, then violently hesitates ad finally dies. my turbo setup didnt give the previous motor any problems the timing chain just died. all the wiring seems to be fine because i actually got to drive it around the block but then it started to do this randomly. when i drove it up a hill it only got up to about 2000 rpm and it lost all its power on the uphill. timing is set at 14 degrees due to the fact that im running turbo...factory i believe is at 18 degrees. my setup includes

-Airesearch t3 turbo
-greddy type s bov
-S-AFC version 2
-rx7 450cc injectors
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-fmic

thats pretty much the main parts of it. is my timing set too retarded!?!?!?!? any suggestions please help!

s13silady
11-20-2004, 03:45 AM
maybe its your mafs? is your BOV recurculated? try unpluging your mafs and see if it makes a difference... any leaks in the piping?

90sr
11-20-2004, 11:59 AM
that definately sounds like a maf problem to me, recirculating the bov wouldnt have ne thing to do with the idle, my friends grand national had the same problem at idle, it would it real high like a grand or 1200 n then gradually get lower and then shake up die, swapped in a new maf done good to go, check the main wiring to maf too make sure its not crimped anywhere, goodl uck.

chris