PDA

View Full Version : My s14 starts in safe mode when the weather is cold

mkarce
11-18-2019, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone!

I have read you for a long time and I would like to ask for help with a fault that gives my nissan 240sx s14 (SR20det)

Since I bought the cara few years ago, there has always been a fault starting the car in safe mode when the weather it's very cold, specially in winter, turning on the check engine light and I cannot find the reason...

The car in this state, makes very bad combustion and until it does not heat up a little and I turn it off and then on again, the fault does not disappear.

Some symptoms:

On contact with the key, the electric fans are heard to rotate once. Once started the electric fans work without stopping with the engine cold.

The wideband marks about 8.1, 9.0...

Over the time, I have changed several sensors, such as temperature sensors but without much success.

I also have diagnostic programs but with the ECU giving an error I cannot read nothing.

I am very frustrated because I cannot find the fault, any suggestion would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!!

jedi03
11-18-2019, 08:59 AM
what error is the ecu giving? have you put it into diag mode to get DTCs?

mkarce
11-18-2019, 09:12 AM
The problem is that I can't read nothing from ecu when it's failing. I'm using nissan datascan and conZult for diagnoses and it works well under normal conditions, but not in this ones :(

I cannot check logs of failures, I don't know if it's because the ecu does not save the logs or because the software is limited...

Thx

Kingtal0n
11-25-2019, 08:37 PM
stuff to try

change the computer
clamp the sensor/maf resistance/voltage values manually
boost leak test
inspect all wiring
add grounds
inspect grounds
check all grounds
etc