PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET POWER FC Injector pulse uneven

joaquin714
08-09-2019, 09:32 PM
I have a s13 sr20det red top with a power fc.

Tuned on 740cc blitz turbo z32 maf.

I was doing some repairs and forgot to re connect the coil pack pulse.
It was cut by p/o so it was live and I believe shorted. It’s a thick black wire.

Anywho now my #3 injector is fouling causing the cylinder to not fire properly.
I swapped coils. Swapped injectors. I have coil pulse and signal to all cylinders
And injector pulse to all 4.

When doing this test I noticed #3 signal pulse from ecu was much stronger leading me to believe the injector driver is shorted and causing a fuel spray imbalance. Is it possible A’PEXi to repair this or just buy another ecu and reload my old map?

Thanks!

Kingtal0n
08-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Interesting place to ask if Apexi can repair your unit....

My opinion is that NO they cannot. I say this because I have sent them power FC in the past, and so has my friend Mike (from this forum), and neither of us got back a working unit after paying $400 for the repair. I got my money back and bought another PFC.

no wait, I remember now. I Put the stock ecu back in the car and sold it like that. I only used the PFC in the first place because I found it on the floor of a shop in the back corner, forgotten. It worked fine until... what did I do to it? I think I hooked something to the injector wire by accident.

figure out how you killed yours so it doesn't happen again is my advice. And buy a new LED version they seem nice, I tuned a few.