PDA

View Full Version : Stock size (SR20) aftermarket Throttle body options?

RalliartRsX
08-05-2019, 06:43 AM
So, I am currently in search of an aftermarket TB that has the same size as the stock SR20 (66m??) throttle body

Most if not all the Ebay/knock off Amazon ones seems to leak with no real remedy. Also not interested in throttle body screws in my engine.

Just wanted a much simpler throttle body that doesn't have the coolant lines or the wax thermostat, etc.

Whats out there currently that's not exorbitantly expensive?? Looking for a straight bolt on to the SR20 flange

P.S I do not need opinions on why blah blah blah. I have my reasons, so just feed me the info as I am having a hard time locating anything outside of Hypertune.

RalliartRsX
08-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Found a works engineering, but sold out :(

jr_ss
08-05-2019, 07:33 PM
https://brewedmotors.com/70mm-throttle-body-SR20-KA24-CA18-RB30

Kingtal0n
08-07-2019, 01:46 PM
What, your motor doesn't like eating the screws? Whats wrong with it ;D

everyone knows the sr demands a healthy diet of TB screws

Why not trying taking apart an OEM TB and 'fixing it' the way you want,
Or you can always install a ball-valve (from home depot) on the IACV line to limit the max airflow of the IACV (helps hold down the idle when the TB is cold)

RalliartRsX
08-07-2019, 01:54 PM
I am actually on a VE TB. It has a wax stat which can be lopped off with an angle grinder (which I may very well do)

Thanks jr! How's the car running btw??

jr_ss
08-09-2019, 07:47 PM
I am actually on a VE TB. It has a wax stat which can be lopped off with an angle grinder (which I may very well do)

Thanks jr! How's the car running btw??

That’s what I did with my 60mm S14 TB. I still have it laying around somewhere if you want it.

The car is still in Florida. When we moved, I didn’t have anywhere to keep it so it stayed with my parents in their garage. Now that I have 5 garage spaces, I just need some spare time and funds to go get it.