PDA

View Full Version : 240sx is really hot, no idea....

Sterlingaidenk
06-25-2019, 04:34 PM
I have a 95 240sx that I have had for about 3 months now,
One day my car died in middle of driving so I replaced the maf and knock sensor I had no problems ever since then. Now it tends to get hotter than it should, just got home from work and as I pulled up into my drive way the car had little shakes. I roll down the window and it was "galloping", every component in the engine bay was really hot to the touch, battery, air intake ect.. The oil is not milky, the temp gauge works perfectly fine, no air in coolant. The only thing that is not connected is the air intake sensor, due to the wires being messed up, I just got a new one on the way. I'm not sure it's just really hot and nothing seems to be wrong. Please help me, thank you.

Kingtal0n
06-25-2019, 09:05 PM
"please help... theres nothing wrong with my car... but something is wrong with my car"

Try taking pictures and videos of the various issues

do a compression test
get a real water temp gauge on it
do a tune up
get pictures of the plugs
make sure theres no oil in the cylinders

Allen2688
06-25-2019, 11:51 PM
^This
Also, If that check out, no oil in cylinders, good plug color, then check your clutch fan and thermostat. Thermostat can be replace in about 15 minutes and then re-burp the system.

Also, when did this overheat happen, in traffic, hot day, or normal driving conditions?

Green Arrow
06-26-2019, 05:39 AM
Op just load it off on a unsuspecting buyer for cheap (me) for say.....500-600

Seriously having a problem and then just replacing parts doesnt solve issues it creates more.

Basic diagnostic skills are required and arent hard.

jedi03
06-26-2019, 07:46 AM
usually things are hot to the touch in the engine bay...~200 degrees farenheit..what is the actual temp?

brndck
06-26-2019, 09:25 AM
I have a 95 240sx that I have had for about 3 months now,
One day my car died in middle of driving so I replaced the maf and knock sensor I had no problems ever since then. Now it tends to get hotter than it should, I'm not sure it's just really hot and nothing seems to be wrong. Please help me, thank you.

its hot, but I really don't know if its hot, I have a problem but there are no problems.

ummmmmm WAT?

WHAT is causing you to think its "hotter than it should be"?

please provide actual measurements and values, not "shit next to the engine is too hot to put my hands on"