PDA

View Full Version : Rb25det swap out for 1jz?

loveforanescape
03-03-2019, 06:56 AM
So I’ve been thinking of swapping my rb25 out for a 1j. Now my reason for this being is the reliability and a future rebuild if the internals go. (Looking at it from a future financial point too.) main goal of car is to be street/drift track car.

Power goals are 450whp max. I know for the rb25s stock internals thats as far as you want to take it. That’s fine but now comes the other issue; oil control.

Tackling the issue:

- Aftermarket oil pump and or oem pump with billet/steel gears.

- Head oil drain kit to the sump.

- Porting oil return holes.

- Bigger sump.

Then later on forge it out.

What are your guys opinion on this? Should I consider going the 1j route ?

5280VertDET
03-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Why would you spend the money on all the parts to convert an SChassis to JZ, when you could put that into your RB and improve it beyond the JZ?

Harness, mounts, manifolds, downpipe/midpipe, ecu, etc all add up quick.

brndck
03-05-2019, 02:40 PM
if you're already RB25 and youre only aiming for 450, I don't see any reason from a financial standpoint why you should switch to JZ

throw fresh bearings in, a spline drive oil pump, WPC all that shit, and go ham!
https://www.spoolimports.com/rb-spline-driven-billet-oil-pump-gears-suit-n1-oil-pump

loveforanescape
03-06-2019, 02:05 AM
Well guys fuck it, I’ll keep the rb and build it over time. This summer planning on definitely refreshing it with new pumps, etc. I’ll be honest I’m an indecisive dude lol, might get an s13/s15 in the future and build that with a 1jz.