PDA

View Full Version : Want to put in a new fuel pump. What should I get?

supersonik
02-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Previous owner didn't tell me what fuel pump is in, but I'm guessing it's stock. I want to get a new fuel pump, and probably want a walbro one, but which one should I get? Or is there another brand thats better?
After I install the fuel pump, are there any other adjustments I have to do before i can go on the road or is it a plug-n-play type of mod? First time ever doing this.
Thanks a lot in advance!

S14DB
02-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Just make sure it’s a real pump. There are a ton of fake Walboro and Bosh pumps out there. I’m not talking off brand. I’m saying with fake logos and everything.

Your FPR controls the fuel pressure and nothing should change unless you change that.

So, only if your FPR is going and the added flow kills it or you go insanely over sized pump that outflows it. Will you have a problem.

supersonik
02-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Just make sure it’s a real pump. There are a ton of fake Walboro and Bosh pumps out there. I’m not talking off brand. I’m saying with fake logos and everything.

Your FPR controls the fuel pressure and nothing should change unless you change that.

So, only if your FPR is going and the added flow kills it or you go insanely over sized pump that outflows it. Will you have a problem.

I'm probably going to sound dumb, but I have no idea where my fpr is located. I have tried looking for it but don't have much experience yet, so not sure what it looks like. Searched for some online but can't really seem to find something that looks similar to it. Do you have any tips for me? Also, I'll probably add a Walboro 255 than, as it shouldn't bring me any trouble.

S14DB
02-26-2019, 12:18 PM
It’s on the end of the fuel rail. Has the return line and a vac line coming off of it.

A fuel pressure gauge between the fuel filter and rail may be a good investment. Also a 300zx fuel filter.

jedi03
02-27-2019, 08:25 AM
buy pump directly from authorized vendor for the company or directly from the company. i am not sure if walbro still does it but a while back they were offering price matching of even the knockoff ones just to make sure you got a real one from them