PDA

View Full Version : s13 - battery?! alternator?! help please!

luckie2hav3her
11-12-2004, 05:33 PM
my battery was dying on my car like so.... bought a new one like so... when i was connecting them i accidently switched the + - and it was sparking a little, even after the sparks i still tried connecting them, real fuck up on my part, after a little bit it stopped sparking and i realized it wasnt fitting so i saw it was wrong switched them and pluged.... car turned on cool (no more poping clutch) now my problem is when i turn it on the rpm gauge doesnt read and my car has no power, windows dont roll down radio doesnt turn on.... but the engine is on, only when i tap on the gas everything starts working but as soon as i brake everything acts up like it wants to turn off then it goes back to normal.... so as soon as i start my car and press the gas everything works but as soon as i step on the brakes after pressing the gas it seems like everything restarts (turns off real quick then back on) if i keep pressing the brake nothing happens and if i press on the gas its cool too... only after i acclerate then brake is when my car acts up, werid huh! i fucked up >.< help please!!

mellojoe
11-12-2004, 05:39 PM
FUSABLE LINK

If you ever switch the plus and minus terminals, check to see if the fusable link is fried. Its designed to prevent your electrical system from frying.

But, thats just a guess....

idlafie
11-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Check the big black box underneath the hood right behind the battery. See if you "popped" any of the fuses in there. Also check the fuses underneath the dashboard on the driver side kick panel. You may have "popped" a few of those also.
Anyhow, hope this helps..
ID