PDA

View Full Version : decreasing camber

The ROMAN
11-12-2004, 02:22 PM
This is kinda wierd. When I first got my Tein HEs I set the camber plates at roughly 1 degree, about six lines up from 0. Eventually I set them full, and experiencing no tire wear problems, I left em that way. I had a pretty decent amount of camber, but now it seems to be decreasing on one side, even though the camber plates are still at full. The passenger side (eyeballing it) seems to have 2.5-3 degrees, while the driver side seems to be at 0.5-1.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Since there's no eccentic bolt or anything in the front, would an alignment really help me at all?

P.S. Ride height on all four corners is within 3/4" of each other .

Salty_X
11-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Maybe the lower bracket bolts are loose? The top bolt hole on it is slotted so maybe it's just working it's way outward.

RBS14
11-12-2004, 04:11 PM
^^^^^

that's my vote

The ROMAN
11-12-2004, 04:42 PM
You mean were it bolts to the spindle? I'll check that out thanks.

mellojoe
11-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Also, springs have a tendancy to settle. If you adjust the camber IMMEDIATLY after installation, you need to have it re-aligned about 6 months down the road. THEN you should be set. My springs did the same thing. Started at a nice -1.2deg and end up at -2deg up front.

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
11-12-2004, 07:14 PM
i used the alignment machine to do my alignment. i ddnt trust the lines on the camber plate. because ur care will never be equal from left ot right with the camber plates. it should be close but not exactly the same. also u have to know that u can change ur camber without the camber plates. you know how people get their car aligned without camber plates right, with stock setting, u just have to try to make both sides equal with the stock settings too.

The ROMAN
11-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Nice, I fixed that top bolt. Now it's even, and I can get retarded amounts of camber once again, all without an alignment. Awesome.