PDA

View Full Version : Could this be timing related:?

sepulchral
11-11-2004, 08:30 AM
A few months ago my 240 w/sr had a clogged fuel filter and when i accelerated it would buck and have a huge power loss, before all of that on 14lbs it was pretty damn quick, i changed fuel filter, and the car is still quick but doesnt feel the same, and at idle it misfires every once in a while it looks like a little shake in the engein. When the car first bucked it was like the ecu went into safe mode, my check engein light was on previously and then it shut off, i dunno what that means but anyways, the car missfires now, i checked ecu error codes it gave code 11 (cas) so then i cleaned the cas off and it doesnt give the code anymore, but car still runs like its missfiring

could timing have been thrown off badly from when the car i guess "went into safemode" i don't know if i answered my question already or if something else could be messed up could the CAS be bad? anyways thanks for reading and post any info u might have.

mike

sr240mike
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Have you checked the timing?

sepulchral
11-11-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah.. its 17 degrees.. my friends was at 25 degrees and his motor didnt idle like shit liike mine did

sr240mike
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Hmm. I would think its either a boost leak or timing is getting thrown off. Maybe check the tps voltages when open and closed too. Im just throwing stuff out there.

holisticbeatz
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Might be a clog in your fuel lines/rails/injectors?

ThatRicerDaniel
11-11-2004, 11:54 PM
positive the timing is on point? meaning.. is it possible the belt it off a tooth?