PDA

View Full Version : RB25 det neo

gerhardcsch
11-25-2018, 07:22 AM
Good day Gents

Im new to the group.
Hopefully one can assist...
I have a 200sx s13 rb25 det neo.(import motor) with the standard gearbox. Build a six pack button clutch. New pressure plate. New release bearing(trhough out bearing). When i engauge the clutch and I leave it to get some "Load" it gives me a horrible winning screaching noise. Can is be that the pilot bushing in the crank is different between the manual and auto boxes. Think my import engine was a auto. And is now running manual.

Thanx in advance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

gaz_moose
11-25-2018, 12:47 PM
the auto pilot bush (or spigot bearing as some people call it) is different to manual ones.
you need to fit a manual one.

sounds like your gearbox input shaft is wobbling around in the back of the crank shaft.

you can just use a CA180/VG30 or an Sr20 spigot bearing.

gerhardcsch
11-25-2018, 02:09 PM
the auto pilot bush (or spigot bearing as some people call it) is different to manual ones.
you need to fit a manual one.

sounds like your gearbox input shaft is wobbling around in the back of the crank shaft.

you can just use a CA180/VG30 or an Sr20 spigot bearing.Thanx buddy. Can that make when im changing gears fast to not engauge as well???

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

gaz_moose
11-26-2018, 01:54 PM
not really.
grinding gears is usually down to worn synchromesh.
my rb25 box wont shift into gear above 6000RPM so I just have to change gear a bit slowly.
its old car technology so you have to just take your time with it.