PDA

View Full Version : A newbies guide to buying an 200sx 99' s14

hellaskates
11-06-2018, 08:15 AM
Hello guys!
I just made an account here. I think this would be the perfect start for me on this journey im about to have.

So i found a Nissan 200sx year 1999 s14 that i would like to buy. As i checked theres not alot of mods done on this car only some minor things.
That would be my first car, and i would like to start doing firstly some basic maintenance and maybe some mods that will expand this cars life expectancy and such, im a complete noob on that topic and i am here to learn. I want this to be my daily driver altough i wont drive that alot like 15-20 miles a day. I will certainly not go mad drifting with it as i would like to keep it as clean and beautiful, maybe couple of sideways corners here and there ;). Other than that it would be more of a project and a collectible for me.

So, what should i check on this vehicle, what to expect, what modifications would be needed and so on. Sorry if these questions are semi-dumb (there are no dumb questions).

My goal is to get this vehicle as fresh as it could be and as stock as i can. I want it to run perfectly and clean for many days to come.

I want quality over saving money. Im interested in investing on this S14 and want to have a fun overall driving experience because it is a dream car after all :P .

Heres a link to that car. ( Going to bring it from Finland to Estonia).

https://www.nettiauto.com/nissan/200sx/9911332

hellaskates
11-06-2018, 08:17 AM
List of mods :
-BC racing adjustable chassis kit

-Xtreme stage 1 clutch kit (new)

-chip tuning

-HKS BOV (possibly a SSQV 3 not sure)