PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE 287k miles question

jslamm01
10-02-2018, 07:55 AM
So I have a 1995 KA and it’s a virgin nothing has been done to it but oil changes and maybe a tune up, I have it now and I’m pulling the front cover and redoing the timing chains and resealing the motor, my question is what else should I do while I’m here. Currently I have the front covers off. So far I have done : Plugs Wires, Cap and Rotor, valve cover gasket, belts, fuel pump, fuel filter, new rad, new water pump, new oil pump, new timing chain kit ( chains,guides,tensioners) just wondering if I should go deeper like say pulling the head and doing a head gasket and maybe re ring it, I also have valve steam seals on stand by it’s not smoking yet but it could soon.

tuzzio
10-02-2018, 08:05 AM
It really depends on what your goals are. none of which are a bad idea, i'd atleast bearing slap it.

jslamm01
10-02-2018, 08:14 AM
It really depends on what your goals are. none of which are a bad idea, i'd atleast bearing slap it.

Which one ?

kyral
10-03-2018, 01:56 PM
there not much more you can really do without cracking open the motor but you could install new oil pump internals also. and im sure this goes without saying the front main and rear main

jslamm01
10-03-2018, 06:50 PM
there not much more you can really do without cracking open the motor but you could install new oil pump internals also. and im sure this goes without saying the front main and rear main

Got a whole new complete oil pump/front cover and complete timing chain kit, also when I swapped my trans out and put a new rear main in