PDA

View Full Version : Need your help, overheating and many other problems

Keg
09-28-2018, 02:34 PM
So about 2 months ago i rebuilt the head (ka24de w/ 233k), during this period i replaced a ton of parts and it ran amazing for about a month and after that it started to develop problems such as over heating.

All of the parts i replaced:
headgasket
valve stem seals
pretty much every gasket i had to remove
relapped all of the valves
new mishimoto radiator
new thermostat
new water pump
had to bypass the heater core as it was clogged and i have no use for it anyways

The problems:
white or blue smoke (really hard to tell) during high rpms, 5k+
overheating at idle and driving but not all the time, only way i can cool it down is hold the rpms pretty high for a little
rough idle
loosing oil but my valve cover is leaking so i am not sure if i am burning oil as well. I would fix it but one of the valve cover bolts closest to the firewall broke off inside (Car came with it broken) and i cant drill it out unless i pull the head again.
The car does run a little rich because i adjusted the dissy to run a little advanced (in hopes of a couple of hps)

What have i done?:
i have bleed the coolant a million times!!!! its usually fine for a little and then starts overheating.
I have looked for leaks and i dont have any, not a single one.

Someone pls help i have spent hours pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

unicoder
09-30-2018, 11:38 PM
If it overheats at idle, and giving it throttle will get it to cool down, you have air in the system. One of the most annoying engines to bleed i know.

feito
09-30-2018, 11:47 PM
If it overheats at idle, and giving it throttle will get it to cool down, you have air in the system. One of the most annoying engines to bleed i know.

Have you ever had to bleed a g35 sedan?

Anyway, OP, how's your clutch fan?

tuzzio
10-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Invest in one of the coolant funnels. Best thing I ever did for my KA.

That aside, if you're still burning oil. Check your valve guides. Been there. Done that.

EFITTZY
10-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Did you install all of said parts yourself? If so, are you sure you have your valve stem seals fully seated?