PDA

View Full Version : Blinkers in the front, hazards in the rear, plz help

Jacob Butler
07-05-2018, 10:51 PM
My turn signals have not been working since i put the dash back in, hazards worked but only in the rear. No clicking, no dash arrows for signals. Hazards make dash arrows come one and clicking. Also high beam dash light doesn't come on. All fuses good and the flasher relay is good. I took the signal stalk apart and everything seems fine. So I replaced the small white tcu box behind drivers kick panel. Now my front signals work but no rear. Rear hazards work but not front. I get the clicking sound from the signals but no dash arrows. All bulbs are good. Pretty sure if the wiring was messed up i would have seen it with the dash out. I also checked the wiring going to rear and front signals. I cant find anything that i forgot to plug in or something. Ive checked the fsm for a hazard/turn signal diagram with no luck. What else could it be? Thanks for your time.

KoukiMonsta
07-06-2018, 06:16 AM
sounds like you dont have the cluster plugged in, or connectors arent firmly seated, or wires are broken, or wires pulled out or terminal.
EDIT: Hi Beam indicator doesnt work, shit ain't plugged in/seated.

plain and simple - light doesnt turn on? either light doesnt work or light doesnt have +12v to it.

get ur multi meter out and start checking shit man, I'll give you some hints.

do you have +12v at:
fuse going to flashers - hot with key ON
fuse going to hazards - CONSTANT hot wire [yes, they are seperate circuits]
Going INTO the COMBI SW [turn signal stalk]
Coming OUT of COMBI SW [when turn signal switch is engaged]
Going INTO HAZARD SW
OUT of HAZARD Sw when depressed.

you get the idea. electrical is always the same exact story every single post on here. start at the battery and work your way towards the device requiring power. its simple, but for whatever reason scares people.

also, you took shit apart and then it didnt work. seems pretty obvious you didnt plug it back in or 'broke' something tearing it apart. all this stuff if old, gets brittle.

Jacob Butler
07-06-2018, 04:36 PM
sounds like you dont have the cluster plugged in, or connectors arent firmly seated, or wires are broken, or wires pulled out or terminal.
EDIT: Hi Beam indicator doesnt work, shit ain't plugged in/seated.

plain and simple - light doesnt turn on? either light doesnt work or light doesnt have +12v to it.

get ur multi meter out and start checking shit man, I'll give you some hints.

do you have +12v at:
fuse going to flashers - hot with key ON
fuse going to hazards - CONSTANT hot wire [yes, they are seperate circuits]
Going INTO the COMBI SW [turn signal stalk]
Coming OUT of COMBI SW [when turn signal switch is engaged]
Going INTO HAZARD SW
OUT of HAZARD Sw when depressed.

you get the idea. electrical is always the same exact story every single post on here. start at the battery and work your way towards the device requiring power. its simple, but for whatever reason scares people.

also, you took shit apart and then it didnt work. seems pretty obvious you didnt plug it back in or 'broke' something tearing it apart. all this stuff if old, gets brittle.

thanks for the suggestions, my only question now is if there is a wiring diagram for signals and hazards bc i didn't find one in the fsm

brndck
07-06-2018, 07:21 PM
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1989/1989.pdf

start around EL35

Jacob Butler
07-06-2018, 07:35 PM
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1989/1989.pdf

start around EL35

wow that fsm is way better than the one i had. i found the diagram thank you

Jacob Butler
09-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Finally fixed it, big ass smj connector was loose