PDA

View Full Version : 2JZGTE vvti power steering not working

dirtdiggler666
05-30-2018, 04:14 PM
I just got done installing a 2JZGTE into a E36 and for some reason I can't get the power steering to work. I made up a new high pressure line going to the rack and I am using the stock E36 res. I thought it was maybe a bad pump so I threw another one in and still noting. There is fluid in the rack I can here/feel it when the car is in the air turning the wheels. There is just no pressure and I have tried so many times I am at a loss so if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

di-devol
05-30-2018, 04:38 PM
I just got done installing a 2JZGTE into a E36 and for some reason I can't get the power steering to work. I made up a new high pressure line going to the rack and I am using the stock E36 res. I thought it was maybe a bad pump so I threw another one in and still noting. There is fluid in the rack I can here/feel it when the car is in the air turning the wheels. There is just no pressure and I have tried so many times I am at a loss so if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Take the high pressure line off the pump and see if it makes a mess haha.

jedi03
05-31-2018, 08:10 AM
backwards on pressure maybe?

dirtdiggler666
05-31-2018, 02:28 PM
Lines are in the correct place and I took the high pressure off and oil was coming out when I started the car. Went back and made sure everything is tight and still noting. it just will not build pressure ugh any other ideas?

TrustS13
05-31-2018, 06:44 PM
My VVTi pump had some kind of regulator built into it. Swapped to a normal non-VVTi JZ pump and it worked great.