PDA

View Full Version : torrance guys w/ s13 SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

240meowth
10-30-2004, 03:05 AM
alright, anyone around torrance that can help me out by letting me borrow their KA parts? i have a 93 ka24de that's not running and i can't figure out what's wrong w/ it. It starts and dies quickly. Ecu don't throw any codes, and i swaped 2 mafs (both used) and it still dosn't run.

so possiblity i know of right now, BOTH MAFS i swapped w/ are bad (what are the chances) so i want to use a known working MAFS and try it on my car. or maybe it's the ECU?

and the weird part is that if i umplug the mafs i can rev up to 2.5k but if i hit the throttle hard it just dies.

so yah, i need some help, i'm clueless as of now... anyone lend a helping hand by letting me try out parts on their car or think they can have a clue on solving this nonsense w/ me?

chokudoriS13
10-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Save Jeremy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Bohan
10-30-2004, 11:33 PM
will it idle with the mafs unplugged?
it's supposed to only be able to rev to 2.5 with it unplugged. if it idles with it unplugged, then you need a workin mafs.

s14srpilot
10-31-2004, 12:10 AM
I have a ka24de mafs from an s14 w/obdII (If that matters) pm me if you want it and we'll work sometihing out :)

240meowth
10-31-2004, 01:31 AM
s14 mafs is different... and i don't think it's the mafs because i swapped 2 already... but it does idle and rev to 2.5k w/o mafs

Andrew Bohan
10-31-2004, 12:07 PM
the test for bad mafs is to unplug it and see if it idles. with the mafs unplugged, the ecu sets the fuel for 2500 rpm. that's why it won't let you rev past that (or else it'll run lean).
check all the mafs connections and make sure you're using a mafs that works.