PDA

View Full Version : Power FC d-jetro + AVCR; map sensors

Shirohige
04-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Maybe im just really stupid but;

The PFC already has a MAP sensor connected right? Can I just splice the wire on that one to the AVC-R harness? Or do I need to mount seperate map sensors for both PFC and the AVC-R?

I dont see any reason to run 2 map sensors.

Shirohige
04-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Alright, just went ahead and spliced the d-jetro map sensor signal wire to the signal wire on the AVC-R. It worked, AVC-R is reading the boost. There is about a 100 difference in boost between my avcr and pfc handcommander, dont know if that really matters.

So for anyone asking if he can use the map sensor from the djetro for their avcr, yes you can. You dont need to run 2 map sensors

The signal wire from the D-jetro harness = green. The signal wire from the AVCR harness = blue.

hobbs
04-22-2018, 01:47 PM
GM 3 bar map sensors are also a direct replacement for the PFC/AVC-R, for those that may be missing them.

LayNLow
05-04-2018, 01:49 AM
GM 3 bar map sensors are also a direct replacement for the PFC/AVC-R, for those that may be missing them.

That's good to know, thanks!

Kingtal0n
05-04-2018, 07:08 AM
2-bar is good for 15-18psi of boost. It gives you more resolution that a 3-bar.

I would NEVER want a 3-bar unless I was sure to go over 18psi on a regular frequency.

Shirohige
05-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Totally forgot to update this topic but

DO NOT, use 1 map sensor for both the PFC and AVCR. I used the map sensor that came with my PFC (djetro) and spliced the signal wire to my avcr. Results?

PFC Handcommander: 450-530 mmhg
AVC-R: 300-350 mmhg

There is a huge difference and the readings won't be correct on the avcr. Just use the map sensor that came with the AVCR for the boostcontroller.

Anyway, sick boostcontroller. Had it tuned few days ago at 310whp (s15 bb turbo), and the boost is amazing