PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Rebuild, LS2 CAS P0343 Code Help Please

afishysilvia
04-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,

I recently finished a rebuild on my 2002 5.7L and have had some weird issues. Let me start out by saying that my engine is in a Nissan 240SX using the factory harness modified and merging with my Nissan body harness. I keep getting the P0343 code related to the cam sensor voltage above normal. I did relocate and extend the harness as I switched to the LS2 front timing sensor and sealed off the hole on the back of my block where the initial sensor was located. I will also say that I did swap the two outside wires on the connector as I have read to do so since the wiring changes. I have since replaced the sensor with a brand new GM sensor, and the original sensor didn't show any signs of wear or touching cam gear.

Motor Specs:
2002 5.7L 109k Miles before rebuild
Forged rods, pistons
243 Heads 3-angle job, slightly decked for flatness
Clevitte bearings for Mains, Cam, Rods
Fluidampr Crank Pulley
GM Hot Cam .525/.525
LS6 Injectors flowed to 31gpm
LS2 Front timing cover with new sensor
Double roller timing chain
GM Blue BeeHive springs
Manley Solid Pushrods
Factory MAF/IAT sensor
Factory Intake with 78MM throttle body
91 Octane gas only
Camaro front accessories
T56 Transmission with Luk OEM clutch
About 1000 miles on the rebuild, did a break in oil change cycle and kept it under 4500 rpm for first 500 miles.

So whats odd to me is that the car logs the code and runs decent, then the next start the car wants to die every-time I stop moving but the code isn't active and is a pending state. The ECM was modded with HP tuners but only to turn off the VATS, EGR, and other related items. I have not had it professionally tuned yet that is on the list but I want to make sure that I have this issue corrected before doing so. If anyone has any ideas that would be great as I have read every P0343 thread on the internet including LSTech with no success.

:picardfp:

shaggyjake
04-17-2018, 10:09 AM
you switched the timing cover and cam sensor, but did you change the cam gear to fit the gen 4 style cam sensor?

afishysilvia
04-17-2018, 10:11 AM
you switched the timing cover and cam sensor, but did you change the cam gear to fit the gen 4 style cam sensor?

Yes I moved from the black rear sensor to the front tan timing sensor. I did figure this out the other day and updated my LSTech post and not this one. MORAL OF THE STORY:
When switching front timing cover if aftermarket to account for the double roller, make sure the CAS is between the acceptable range in order to pick up the signal. I had to shave the sensor to go in more (I should have milled the front cover but that's too much work for what I want right now) so I trimmed the little tangs off the sensor and it went it just a hair closer and no more code. Thanks for the response man.

shaggyjake
04-17-2018, 10:18 AM
got a build thread anywhere?

afishysilvia
04-17-2018, 10:46 AM

I have long thought of making one, but with the way 240's get stolen around here I have not done so.

afishysilvia
04-17-2018, 10:51 AM

I have some photos in my photo gallery.