PDA

View Full Version : New build sr20det

garretttyler65
02-22-2018, 07:09 PM
Hi so I'm a bit of a noob on the forums, and had a few questions on the sr20det swap, but I'll make a long story short.

I have a 240sx shell with no rust, everything in place (steering column, gas tank, 5 lug pattern on tires), but I'd like some advice from some people who are more experienced with the sr20det swap. What exactly do I need to install it, (wiring harness, engine mounts, etc). I'm gonna be putting in the engine with an experienced mechanic who I know pretty well, but I want to make a list before I get everything to his shop. Anything would help, thanks! :)

tb13
02-22-2018, 07:44 PM
Go check out the build section, SR20's have been dropped in to S13's a million times and reading through builds is a great way to see how everything goes together and see issues others have had while doing this swap.

Basically though, the swap just drops in. All of the mounting points are identical to get the motor/transmission in the car. You'll need to modify/replace the wiring harness, modify the chassis to accept intercooler piping and if you want to be pro-active replace gaskets/hoses to ensure you aren't hunting oil/coolant leaks once the motor is in the car.

Malik
02-23-2018, 12:16 AM
there are too many steps and parts for me to name off the top of my head, but as you start to consider what you need come back and check with us.

most sr20det's need basic maintenance parts that should be new before swapping.

add water pump and oil pan ( they're usually dented from the engines sitting)