PDA

View Full Version : Need help/advice on injectors.

stinky_180
10-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Hello everybody, this is one of my first post in which I need some help or advice. I just installed a new KA24DE in my 92 Nissan 240sx Fastback. The problem I am currently having is cylinder #4 not responding. I am getting a compression reading of 170psi (dry tested) on cylinder #4. I pulled the plug and grounded it, got spark action going on. I pulled the injector harness off of cylinder #4 and there was no drop in engine RPM. I did check for codes and I got code 34 (Detonation).

Since I am getting spark, and have good compression, what would you FreshAlloy members think the problem can be? The KA24DE I picked up came from the beach side of california. Would the salty atmosphere cause the injector 4 to not work properly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

IvanAtSPRacing
10-27-2004, 01:47 AM
The side feed injectors that Nissan uses are famous for failing. I have never replaced a falty injector in anything but a Nissan. If you have a multimeter, you can check the resistance (ohms) of the injector. A good injector will have 10 to 12 ohms resistance. Anything more then this and the injector is bad. You can grab an injector off your old motor and replace the falty one.

idlafie
10-27-2004, 02:22 AM
Hello everybody, this is one of my first post in which I need some help or advice. I just installed a new KA24DE in my 92 Nissan 240sx Fastback. The problem I am currently having is cylinder #4 not responding. I am getting a compression reading of 170psi (dry tested) on cylinder #4. I pulled the plug and grounded it, got spark action going on. I pulled the injector harness off of cylinder #4 and there was no drop in engine RPM. I did check for codes and I got code 34 (Detonation).

Since I am getting spark, and have good compression, what would you FreshAlloy members think the problem can be? The KA24DE I picked up came from the beach side of california. Would the salty atmosphere cause the injector 4 to not work properly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Time to crack open the ol' FSM. As Ivan mentioned in his previous post, it could be the injectors. Or it could also be a bad wire in the harness, or no signal from the ECU. You're gonna have to troubleshoot this one the hard way....step by step following the instruction from the FSM. If you can, you might try swapping the harness wires with injector #4 & see if you get it to spray with any of the other connectors. If that doesn't work, try another ECU. Someone on the SoCal240SX forums had this problem too, but I'll be damn if I can remember how he was able to troubleshoot it & fix it. I'll have to email him & ask him. Hopefully I still have his e-mail address.
Anyhow, hope this helps....
Good luck!!
ID