PDA

View Full Version : Stock exhaust mani broke, which cheap header to replace with?

uno
10-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Ok well while I'm saving up for turbo, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a cheap header to do for a short while. My stock exhaust manifold broke near the cat and is rattling like crazy and i'm sure it is leaking also. I just need a cheap replacement and figure i'll go with an obx or pacesetter header :duh: i can't believe i'm saying that but don't wanna shell out for a hotshot when it will be gone soon. Which one would you all suggest? The pacesetter looks to be 4-1 long tube(i assume top end) and the obx looks like a hotshot knock off..i know i'll have to paint the pacesetter one because the stuff will bake off it.also i know it's generally a none of the above type question but i'd appreciate any help. This is for a 93 240sx with KA24DE. Thanks in advance.

97DubTruck
10-26-2004, 09:27 AM
if you are going turbo then don't waste your money on something you wont be able to use. get a stock replacement from a junkyard or forums here. i'm pretty sure you aren't going to feel a difference between stock and some junk like pacesetter anyway.

90RS13
10-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Go with OBX.

Maxtype 240
10-26-2004, 12:15 PM
If JB Weld is not an option, then get an OBX $150 off Ebay.

uno
10-27-2004, 11:05 AM
i don't know if i'll even get one. I can't stand the thought of spending money on a header that i'll just take off later....i think i am gonna try to live with it for now..thanks for the help though

Phlip
10-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Where in VA is castlewood? I have another stock exhaust mani I'd sell you and I am in NC, IM me and we can discuss this.