PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Full s15 to s14 conversion

Fitelite240
12-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Hey!

Before sourcing an s15 from Japan and have it cut up to get over here. Just wanted to ask if anyone has anything s15. Or maybe even an S15 they don't want (wishful thinking). Looking for just about everything but the front end, which I already have.

Thanks!

brndck
12-24-2017, 09:20 AM
What the fuck??? Why would you have to cut it up? Do you know how many people, especially in FL, already have s15s? Go do some research and stop asking dumb questions.

Fitelite240
12-25-2017, 05:14 AM
I'm cutting it due to the fact that the car is illegal. And when going through customs it can't be in one working piece. And that I'm going to be doing a full s14 to s15 swap. Whether or not you think that's "stupid" your not paying for my car. With that being said. I'm not going to acknowledge your ignorance with insulting you, because, your clearly an incredible importer with a great track record and knows everything, about everything, when it comes to import and export law. Have a great day m8, stay off my posts. Couldn't care less of your buyer/seller rating, or premium member status.

sidewaysil80
12-25-2017, 06:09 AM
I thought if you remove the entire powertrain (engine to differential) that sufficed. Either way I would call CBP at whichever port its going to and get the info straight from the people who will be inspecting it.

brndck
12-25-2017, 08:39 AM
I'm cutting it due to the fact that the car is illegal. And when going through customs it can't be in one working piece. And that I'm going to be doing a full s14 to s15 swap.
Entirely incorrect
I thought if you remove the entire powertrain (engine to differential) that sufficed.

Correct, which is why there are plenty of imported JDM cars roaming Florida already.

Fitelite240
12-25-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm making my s15 street legal by taking the body panels and swapping them over to my s14.

I've been close with the guys at drag international here in Davie. They themselves have a drag s15, and told me the process. It's not that easy. Unless your there to pay off someone, or know someone that's going to do the inspection the whole car will be seized.

The 25 year law is enforce heavily, especially now with people trying to get r33s masked as r32s. The best way to get it in it to cut the car from the fire wall back, yes the engine, diff, and exhaust need to be taken out as well. The front clip dimantled. All parts of the car labeled and filed under automotive goods.

The car then gets inspected and sent to the location of the buyer.

That what I was told. And that's what I've seen with multiple cars of thiers.

The s15 first models were made in 1999 so that means they wouldnt be able to officially get a whole s15 here legally until 2024.

I'm not waiting until then.

So.

Back to my original post question. Does anyone have any s15s or s15 parts they don't want? Because again, I'm doing something with my money, for a car I would like, for myself. Thanks.

anthony_240
12-25-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm making my s15 street legal by taking the body panels and swapping them over to my s14.

I've been close with the guys at drag international here in Davie. They themselves have a drag s15, and told me the process. It's not that easy. Unless your there to pay off someone, or know someone that's going to do the inspection the whole car will be seized.

The 25 year law is enforce heavily, especially now with people trying to get r33s masked as r32s. The best way to get it in it to cut the car from the fire wall back, yes the engine, diff, and exhaust need to be taken out as well. The front clip dimantled. All parts of the car labeled and filed under automotive goods.

The car then gets inspected and sent to the location of the buyer.

That what I was told. And that's what I've seen with multiple cars of thiers.

The s15 first models were made in 1999 so that means they wouldnt be able to officially get a whole s15 here legally until 2024.

I'm not waiting until then.

So.

Back to my original post question. Does anyone have any s15s or s15 parts they don't want? Because again, I'm doing something with my money, for a car I would like, for myself. Thanks.

I’ve got an s15 radiator support and bumper retainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk