PDA

View Full Version : Wtb ka24de full swap

martinjerkit
12-07-2017, 10:34 PM
my single cam is constantly taking shits on me with idle and detonation issues smh, and today was the worst and continues to idle at 1800 so I rather buy a DE full swap that was working. will have to compression test and turn over engine, or have a video of engine working perfectly fine NO ISSUES. have cash in hand.
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! text me what you got also (five six two) 416- seven four two five.
show me a full sr20det swap if you have one as well stock!
prefer FULL KA24DE SWAP

mechanicalmoron
12-08-2017, 08:32 AM
If you can't fix your single cam, you can't swap a dual cam.

You have a massive vacuum leak.

Besides, it's basically no more powerful, why would you want to go from a good head design to one that chews itself up if you don't adjust lash, and on which you won't adjust lash? OHV>DOHC from a reliability and serviceability point of view.

martinjerkit
12-08-2017, 11:24 AM
I don't have a massive vacuum leak, because I disassembled the entire intake manifold and changed all the vacuum lines and gaskets. The IACV keeps buzzing constantly, cleaned thoroughly, and is the second IACV I've replaced for the engine. So I'm just running it disconnected.

anti tyler
12-08-2017, 04:50 PM
If you can't fix your single cam, you can't swap a dual cam.

You have a massive vacuum leak.

Besides, it's basically no more powerful, why would you want to go from a good head design to one that chews itself up if you don't adjust lash, and on which you won't adjust lash? OHV>DOHC from a reliability and serviceability point of view.

Well needless to say, your username was spot on!

KA24E is not an OHV engine.

Anyway, let the guy go DOHC if he wants to. He's on the right track with sticking KA>

mechanicalmoron
12-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Well needless to say, your username was spot on!

KA24E is not an OHV engine.

Anyway, let the guy go DOHC if he wants to. He's on the right track with sticking KA>

Is it not?

I'm going to go ahead and say, they can call it sohc till the cows come home, it's an ohv engine, with the cam sitting between/under the valve stems.... overhead cam = cam over valves.

Having looked at the fsm, it's not more servicable, it's still nissan junk, they took a great design and stuck hydraulic lifters in it... still beats shims, though.

OP, maybe your TB is broken, maybe your brake booster is broken or disconnected, etc etc.... but one thing is certain, you have an induction leak, it's getting more air than you want, and the misfiring means it's also getting that air un-metered. Hit it harder, it's just a little part of the stuff that normally happens when you swap an engine, when you even get it to start.... if you're going to do that, better fix this.