PDA

View Full Version : C33 Rb25 swap

1jzsilcoupe
11-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Hello all, I’m about to do a Rb25 swap on my 91 c33 laurel. I’m posting this in hopes for information on the swap.

Alright, details of the car now:

Rb20e
Automatic

What’s going in the car:

RB25det series 2
Rb25 transmission

Needed Information:

So when I bought this swap, it came with s13 engine mounts and transmission crossmember/Mount and a 1 piece steel driveshaft for Rb25 tranny in a s13.
I need to know if those s13 mounts will work? I know for my motor mounts, I can use my stock rb20e mount but for tranny crossmember/mount, do I use the stock c33 auto mount? Can someone shed some light on which mounts?

What about the driveshaft? Will that work? I think it’ll need to be lengthened but I’m not sure.

Also, will the stock Rb25 s2 engine harness plug straight into the laurel or do I need to do some wiring or get a harness?

Thank you all and I look forward to getting some solid info spread out.

Feast Japan
11-05-2017, 08:31 AM
You will keep the RB front member and engine mounts ( I would upgrade to Nismo) and need manual R32 trans mount. Keep that shaft and have it modified to fit, front yoke I think for the 71C RB trans.

Wiring relays I think diff plugs inside car.

1jzsilcoupe
11-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Wow that is some beautiful information. Thank you very much! Does anyone have anything to add?

1jzsilcoupe
11-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Also, while we are at it, let’s see if we can shed some light on a manual swap in a c33 laurel. As far as the clutch pedal goes, can I use a lhd s13 clutch pedal assembly? Or do I need to use a r32 or Rhd s13 clutch pedal assembly? Thank you all!