PDA

View Full Version : What to do with water lines?

iamwesley
10-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Ive gotten a hold of a garret turbo for really cheap. Problem is that its only oil cooled. Stock SR setup is oil and water cooled. I was planning on running the turbo oil cooled. What would I do with the water lines and the water hole in my block. I was going to plug them up with a screw but I wasnt sure if it would effect anything. Also what are some good oil lines you guys would reccoment for a t3/to4e top mount turbo setup?

s13silady
10-23-2004, 01:01 AM
if you can find a bolt big enough to plug it up with no problems then go for it..trying to get to it is a different story... but there was another post here saying that another person just cut the line and plugged it up im pretty sure it wont hurt anything...

blu808
10-23-2004, 01:02 AM
You should plug them up. Or you can just loop it. I would plug em up though.

iamwesley
10-23-2004, 02:02 AM
You should plug them up. Or you can just loop it. I would plug em up though.

Ahh I c. I guess I will probably plug it up. Now.... Any good places you guys would recommend for a top mount t3/to4e Oil lines?

blu808
10-23-2004, 02:33 PM
You can make them, just make sure you use teflon braided lines and not plastic. I go to magnum force in campbell ca. They have stainless line in stock, and all the fittings you would need.