PDA

View Full Version : S14 floorboards soaked when it rains

HillbillySchassis
10-28-2017, 08:03 AM
I've searched all the threads back through years of posts and I can't find what I'm looking for. So I apologize if this is a rookie sounding post, but I've owned 5 s14's and never had this issue. Anytime it rains, even a light rain, water pours down the firewall right where your feet would rest on both sides. I've taken all the plastic off the bottom of the windshield and resealed it there, but it didn't even slow it down. The car doesn't have a sunroof, so I'm scratching my head. Anyone have this issue? Thanks, and again sorry if this is a repeat question.

anthony_240
10-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Check the rubbers on the firewall where the wiring comes in from the wheel well. I had the same issue and it was the rubbers not being in correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HillbillySchassis
10-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look

Jtuned_andy
10-28-2017, 01:28 PM
also use a hose outside and get inside the car to see if you can locate the exact leak. flood your windshield and wiper gutters. clean debris or clogs in wiper gutter. its either going to be a rubber seal loose/missing/cracked or worse case scenario a body seam or glass seal is leaking.

HillbillySchassis
10-28-2017, 01:30 PM
also use a hose outside and get inside the car to see if you can locate the exact leak. flood your windshield and wiper gutters. clean debris or clogs in wiper gutter. its either going to be a rubber seal loose/missing/cracked or worse case scenario a body seam or glass seal is leaking.

Thank you all for your help, just found my issues. Body seams behind both front wheels are opened up.

kyral
10-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Do you have any pictures? im really curious to see exactly where your talking about so I can check mine out

HillbillySchassis
10-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Do you have any pictures? im really curious to see exactly where your talking about so I can check mine out

Yeah I'll take some and post them up

Green Arrow
10-28-2017, 04:42 PM
I had a grey s14 that would fill up with water behind the passenger seat after a rain.
My solution was to sell it. Hope it’s not the same car since you’re close...