PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system setup help?

Javi802
10-05-2017, 08:25 PM
So i'm wanting to get a radium engineering surge tank when the time comes to upgrade my fuel system and the only problem i see, is that the surge tank only comes with -6an fittings. The only hoses i've found that mate to a -6an fitting are 3/8's.

Further more, the stock hard lines are only 5/16's.

What i was wondering, is, will it be a problem converting the hard lines using 5/16 to -6an fittings? In other words will having both 3/8's (ss braided lines) and 5/16 (hardlines) cause issues?

Was thinking about getting these
https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/hardline/tube-adapters/af108-05blk

I would assume i would need 6? Two at the fuel hat on the hanger (one for feed, one for return). Two where the stock rubber hoses from the tank first meet the hardlines. And finally two more at the hardline ends in the engine bay. (feed that goes to fuel filter, and return that comes from pressure ragulator.

I'm probably thinking too much in to it than i should, but any advice is appreciated.

slider2828
10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
You can get earls 5/16 tube fittings to any an size you want.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-16446?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-vibrant-performance&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapaQcSlEctbVvgYI9r1q GP6NMshwQypbMTHmivhHXbtLHfsP_w_FDrEaAjnsEALw_wcB

hanzbrady
10-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Compression fittings like the ones that you posted aren't designed to be used on EFI applications they will leak under the high pressure that boosted EFI systems produce. The correct way to adapt 5/16" hardline to -6AN would be cutting flaring the OEM line to accept a -5AN tube nut then using a -5AN to -6AN union.

This is ultimately worthless though since you still can only flow the amount of fuel that the OEM 5/16" line will allow which isn't much.

Ideally you'd replace the factory lines to be all -6AN hose or 3/8" hardline, the 3/8" hardline would cost less than $50 including the tube nuts to do the entire car and you can bend it by hand.

If you need help planning out a fuel system feel free to send me a PM and I'll help get you sorted.

slider2828
10-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Actually I just checked and ran an 5 tube nut to an 6 fitting on the hardline. Yea no compression fittings