PDA

View Full Version : 240sx auto to manual sr swap

240msh
09-22-2017, 02:51 PM
I bought a stock auto 95 ka s14, pulled the ka out with trans, put in my clutch pedal, brake pedal etc.. i have a wiring specialties pro harness for my s13 sr, starter works also because we jumped it. when i turn the key i hear the relay in the fuse box under the steering wheel. any idea on what it could be? i dont hear starter click when i turn the key just the relay. when i did the 5 speed conversion i also pulled out the parking cable that goes to the ignition, did i need that? any info helps

Ended up being a huge wiring mess, fixed now. Don't buy cheap shells

brndck
09-22-2017, 03:56 PM
parking cable???
dude get the FSM and start tracing wires. you need to find out where you are and where you are not getting power.

if you put the key in the on position, and jump the starter, does the car fire up and run?

I dunno about s14, but I know on s13 theres a plug next to the fuse box under the hood on the passengers side that you have to jumper.

240msh
09-22-2017, 04:39 PM
yeah there was a cable that went from auto shifter to ignition, a writeup i read said you didnt need it. when i jump the starter the car doesnt start, pretty sure its just a ground and vacuum leak so im gonna fix that later, but im not sure why my key wont crank the motor

240msh
09-22-2017, 04:40 PM
i traced wires and still nothing, im so lost, the parking inhibitor is jumped, all of the harness is plugged in, i was just thinking maybe the auto to manual swap i mightve skipped something

240msh
09-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Ended up being a bad chassis harness.