PDA

View Full Version : 2JZGE to S13

Lochness Monsta
09-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Back a few years ago I had a RB25 S13 Coupe, that was fun and easy. Now me and a few buddies are trying to tackle a 2JZGE from an SC300 to a 91 S13 Hatch, needless to say I'm lost here. I have the right mounts, driveshaft, front sump pan, ect. The only thing I'm still not able to grasp is how to wire up the engine. I have the full un-cut harness from the SC300 and a uncut body harness in the 240sx. Everywhere I see on here it either comes to one of two things 1) Wire the motor with only a few wires and jerry-rig it, or 2) Get a Wiring Specialties Harness with I really don't feel like buying right now. All the photos I have managed to find for the wiring diagrams are unavailable due to some third link stuff. Anyone have any working links, pictures, documents, anything to help?

Thank you in advanced.

tuzzio
09-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Step 1: Buy a GTE and stop wasting your time.
Step 2: I would just wire the engine harness separately to the starter and shit as needed. Likely going to be your best bet.

Lochness Monsta
09-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Step 2: I would just wire the engine harness separately to the starter and shit as needed. Likely going to be your best bet.

1) The motor was had for a cheap price, already has a few goodies on it. Been down the road before with a RB25 I built myself, big turbo and all, just felt like going with a different route.

2) I've read that a few times, I was really looking for a way to do it like I've seen a few times with the whole harness integrated into the car, not just a few wires here and there. Can't seem to find any usable diagrams, which is why I'm here.

jumpman2334
09-21-2017, 09:08 AM
there is nothing wrong with GE motors. they can be had for next to nothing and are plentiful.

OP, if youre going to NA-T it (which you should be), there are now adaptors to use the FFIM off of the GTE. cut down on that 3 miles of IC piping.

not sure about your other wiring question, a lot of the lexus forums are dead. I am not sure if there is a SC specific forum. if there is, I would register, search first, then make a thread on said forum.

Gremo
09-21-2017, 02:04 PM
You could repin the nissan body clip with the Toyota engine harness. Minus the crap you don't need. Purchase the correct terminal pins for the nissan clip. Or the cheap easy way tuzzio said. Make a small power panel for main power, fuel pump and fans to switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk