PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Greddy Oil Pan

cali240sxdrifter
10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
hey guys, I was looking at my S14SR Manual for taking off the whole upper and lower oilpan.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to take off the oilpan without hoisting the engine up. I just moved here to a new house and I didn't bring my engine picker with me. Any ideas? This is a S13 with a S14SR btw. thanks

projectRDM
10-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Jack the motor up from under the bellhousing.

speeddreamz
10-19-2004, 05:07 PM
do exactly as he said, but make sure u scrape all the old gasket off the crankcase and replace it with the liquid gasket.

cali240sxdrifter
10-19-2004, 10:07 PM
awesome, do I still bolt off the same parts? or bolt off less? What are the bolts that is really hard to get?

oberkill
10-20-2004, 07:53 PM
hey guys, I was looking at my S14SR Manual for taking off the whole upper and lower oilpan.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to take off the oilpan without hoisting the engine up. I just moved here to a new house and I didn't bring my engine picker with me. Any ideas? This is a S13 with a S14SR btw. thanks

Why are you removing the upper oil pan? If you are just installing hre Greddy oil pan than all you need to remove is the lower oil pan. No need to do anything except drain the oil and take out the bolts holding the pan in. It is accessable from underneath with no problem.

Alan