PDA

View Full Version : harness??

Silver240x
10-19-2004, 01:30 PM
can i use a 89 ka harness to wire up to the sr one. Its going into a 91 s13. i cant go without a car. any info would be appreciated.
thank you
david

90sr
10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
alls you need from your ka harness is your lower battery harness, that includes battery cable alternator ground speed sensor plug is on there and a couple fuse plugs, send your main engine harness out to heavythrottle they wire everything up and all you do is plug it in when you get it back done, call it a day. good luck.

chris

projectRDM
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
can i use a 89 ka harness to wire up to the sr one. Its going into a 91 s13. i cant go without a car. any info would be appreciated.
thank you
david

You're asking if a harness from a motor will run a completely different motor that's going into a car that had another completely different motor in it. Think about it.

Sending it to HT doesn't solve the fact that neither KA harness will have all the correct plugs, IE ignitor, coilpacks, etc.

HyperTek
10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
He said "can i use a 89 ka harness to wire up to the sr one." That implies that modifying the SOHC harness to teh SR harness...

http://nissanperformancemag.com/march04/240sr/

Silver240x
10-19-2004, 07:02 PM
so i can modify either the sohc harness or dohc harness with the sr harness and it would work?
david

240trainee
10-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Actually, the other way around, I believe. You use the SR harness, and can use some wires from the KA harness to extend SR harness wires. You cannot run a SR with a KA harness, period.

projectRDM
10-19-2004, 09:10 PM
He said "can i use a 89 ka harness to wire up to the sr one." That implies that modifying the SOHC harness to teh SR harness...

http://nissanperformancemag.com/march04/240sr/

Correct. And no where in that article does it say that. You can use leftovers of the KA harness to extend the SR harness, just as it reads, but you don't even need to do that, all the wiring is long enough is you unwrap it.