PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Repair

Brandon240sx
08-06-2017, 08:21 PM
In September 2016 I got hit on the drivers side quarter from some bitch speeding in an Altima. She smacked me pretty good. Because of NYS retarded laws somehow they put 90% of fault on me because "I didn't have the right of way" which is true, for cars doing the speed limit. But basically when I was pulling out to make a left the lady stepped on the gas and then proceeded to not even attempt and swerve around the back of me with all the room there was to do so. So lucky me.

Anyway my quarter got really fucked up so I did my best pulling it with heat, banging it from the inside, out with a piece of wood, welding tabs then using a slide hammer to pull it, and it came out pretty good. Slapped some bondo on it, roughed it out then sprayed primer on it. It's no where near ready for paint since it still needs to be blocked.

My bumper now doesn't slide in nicely since the bumper holes were completely fucked. I attempted to fix them and slap bondo over them and drill out new holes but I'm not happy with the results really. It looks okay but annoys me and I don't like the fact that after the bumper is painted, I might scratch the shit out of the quarter or bumper trying to get this thing in. The bumper bracket doesn't even push enough threads through the quarter to get a nut on it so I had to weld on new studs which the bumper still is a pain in the ass to get in nicely.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way possible to make the bumper fit properly like it did once before? Or because of where it was hit, am I basically fucked and kinda have to deal with it?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/9741782ee08001796c2e8a97834cfa44.png

Pic is of the quarter repaired before the holes were drilled out for the bumper.

dorkidori_s13
08-08-2017, 04:28 PM
you pushed the entire side of the car in when getting hit, youre going to be very hard pressed to get the holes to line up correctly again without having a shop weld in a new quarter panel to the car... so basically, youre stuck

THREAD LOCKED! Please search next time you have a small question or use this thread... http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481