PDA

View Full Version : Clutch won't engage

Lpn26
07-24-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm having issue with my clutch. I recently upgrade to a stage 2 bit now my clutch won't engage. I have bleed it a few time and still nothing . I have removed the damper box and ran the clutch li e straight to the slave cylinder and nothing. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

kyral
07-25-2017, 11:57 AM
have you confirmed the slave cylinder piston is extending AND retracting when you push the pedal down?

Jefro240
07-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Can you hear the release bearing when you push the clutch in?

Fork or Pivot may not be engaged properly etc so when you do push the clutch pedal in, it is not pushing the release bearing into the pressure plate to release the clutch.

Otherwise, as Kyral mentioned. Slave cylinder... Because if you are able to bleed it properly the MC should be fine.

Lpn26
07-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes the piston is moving in and out I replace both master cyclinder and slave. I'm not sure I will check tomorrow. But if is not making noise what does the mean. Will i have to replace the the bearing?

Lpn26
07-27-2017, 12:11 AM
I can hear the release bearing when the clutch is engage. But it still won't let me put it in gear

Dirk Jan
07-27-2017, 02:55 AM
So is your clutch not engaging, or not DISengaging? A clutch should always be engaged, even if your hydraulic clutch system doesn't work at all. So bleeding will never help it engage. Did you mount the clutch disc upside down?

brndck
07-27-2017, 07:53 AM
with the engine OFF, can you shift through the gears?

landins13
07-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Clutch Lock out. Everything may be moving but the clutch disc is not separating from the flywheel. If you can put the car in gear when the engine off but not when its running I can almost guarantee thats the problem.

I had the same issue with my R154 not long ago and the clutch disc had seized against the flyheel. Pedal was fine, slave cylinder was fine, when I looked at the clutch through the inspection hole everything appeared to be fine.

Lpn26
07-27-2017, 04:01 PM
So is your clutch not engaging, or not DISengaging? A clutch should always be engaged, even if your hydraulic clutch system doesn't work at all. So bleeding will never help it engage. Did you mount the clutch disc upside down?

The clutch is not engaging when the car is on. I don't think I mounted the clutch upside down, bu5 I could be wrong

Lpn26
07-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Clutch Lock out. Everything may be moving but the clutch disc is not separating from the flywheel. If you can put the car in gear when the engine off but not when its running I can almost guarantee thats the problem.

I had the same issue with my R154 not long ago and the clutch disc had seized against the flyheel. Pedal was fine, slave cylinder was fine, when I looked at the clutch through the inspection hole everything appeared to be fine.

How did u fix it?

I can enter the gears when the car is off no problems but when I turn it on and try to go into first it won't let The clutch p3dal has no pressure once I turn the car on

Ilya
07-27-2017, 07:31 PM
The clutch pedal pressure has nothing to do at all with the engine running or not running.

However, the fact that you say that it does indicates a major mechanical issue. Sounds like the best approach is to drop the transmission and take a look.

Lpn26
07-27-2017, 09:15 PM
I will drop the granny Saturday and see what going on.

Dirk Jan
08-23-2017, 04:47 AM
So did you end up dropping your granny? Did she manage to get back up on her own?

Lpn26
08-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Lol. No I did not have to drop her. It turn out to be the clutch hard line it was not sealing right. She now walking fine.

Lpn26
08-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Thank you to every one who help I appreciate all the help