PDA

View Full Version : lose turbo- need braket

autobahNESSA
10-18-2004, 12:38 PM
does anybody know the part # for the braket that locks the nuts on the turbo? For sr t25.. It has tabs that fold over and secure the nuts that hold up the turbo to the manifold. I searched for that but maybe i was not using the correct words. So if anyone happens to have it, it will be of great help.
Thanks,
Chris

s13silady
10-18-2004, 12:52 PM
even with those the turbo will still come loose... i had to take the fucker out then locktite it... that would be your best bet... get a good amount on there and you wont ever have to worry about it again..

autobahNESSA
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
The lock tite has not burned off? I would think that with the heat the locktite would just melt away. I have that bracket for the front two nuts of the turbo, and it is holding fine, however the back to nuts dont have it as it broke when I had to switch out the turbo. These bolts constantly come lose causing an exaust leak that smells and sounds horrible.
So loctite works huh? guess ill have to try that.

s13silady
10-19-2004, 03:16 AM
well i have the lock brackets on... but they are all bent and crap and i dont think they even touch the nut... but i change out the nuts to lock nits with a lock washer and then some locktite on that mofo and i havent had a problem since...

autobahNESSA
10-20-2004, 10:01 AM
By lock nuts, do you mean the ones with the nylon on the very end of the nut? I've tried lock washers and with the heat they just become flat.
s13silady - Looks like you did everything to keep that turbo from comeing loose again. thanks for your inputs.

Question still stands, does anybody have the part # for the bracket that locks the nuts that hold the turbo to the maifold?

kazuo
10-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Fool, get STAINLESS LOCK WASHERS

And why are you having problems? Mine hasn't backed out. :P

axiomatik
10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
I used some flange nuts that had directional grooves on the bottom and they haven't backed out since I did it, about 6 months ago. I'm not certain that the grooves are enough to do anything, but it's worked for me. Some flange nuts don't have the grooves, so check before buying.

autobahNESSA
10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
"kazuo Fool, get STAINLESS LOCK WASHERS

And why are you having problems? Mine hasn't backed out. :P "

Ya I did have some stainless lock washers, they lasted for about 3 weeks before comeing off.
You dont have anyporblems cause your car sees 20miles a month maybe. remeber I put on about 300miles per week.
but either case, I really want that part # and then im going to locktite, lockwasher and directional grobe nut the damn thing. I'll do everything short of welding it on there.
And the Idea of useing allen bolt to put it one wont work Art, thier is not room for the allen key to fit in there. Maybe a regular stainless bolt will work. but will still be a hassel to install with limited room.

LOwrestling2k1
10-22-2004, 01:38 AM
double nut the studs, put two nuts on each stud, that turbo won't come off, i had to do that to my gt25r (one big mf).