PDA

View Full Version : 1991 S13 with S14 motor, won't start

zigiland
07-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Hey there, never posted on here but been lurking the forums for years. Stumped on this problem so need a little help, I've searched around but can't find any solutions as of yet.

Here's the history. It's an S13 rolling chassis that had no motor, from what I am told the car ran before the motor was pulled. I recently pulled the motor from my auto S14, and now have the manual tranny from an S13 bolted to it. Put it in the car and turns over but does not fully start. Started by checking for spark, which it didn't have. To date these are things I've checked.

- I have power on the harness to the distributor etc.. and the distributor was taken off an S13 with a running KA
- fuel pump does not make any sounds when turning the car on, so investigated the fuel pump. Power to the harness, but not priming. Verified the fuel pump and relay in a working S13, works with no issues
- swapped ecu's from a running s13, no change
- changed out EGI fuses, again from a running s13, no change

The problem seems to lie in the fuel pump, and from what I have read with no fuel going to the motor it will not spark. Need some ideas on what to check next, kinda stuck. I am going to verify that the timing is correct, however I believe it should be good.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

snorkelcoupe
07-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Do you have the year of the S14 engine? 95s are a little different compared to the 96+. If it's 96+ you need to run an S13 intake manifold and the engine harness for that engine. Honestly it's all on the internet, re-define your search.