PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr20det tranny issue

luuzilla12
07-03-2017, 09:20 PM
ight im pretty new to this, one day out of no where my tranny started to have issues usually the car is left parked on a hill while in gear and hand brake up ( dont know if that had something to do with it). but it just randomly got really hard to go into first gear (still goes in just hard) and 2nd-5th its normal, and the worst part is trying to go into reverse (said trying cause it grinds and then i let go cause scared). i just changed the fluid with mt90 redline and same issue only a little bit of flakes of metal even came out ive seen a lot worst on others. also when i go foot to the floor sometimes it doesnt even want to shoot back up only on 1st gear. think it could be
1. bad tranny
2. air in clutch line
3. bad master
4 bad slave
5. bad line
6. bad shifter
7. bad shifter return spring

please if you can itll be really helpful if you could tell me by email: [email protected]

wurley
07-04-2017, 01:51 AM
you could watch the slave cylinder and see how much range of motion it has when the clutch is pressed. it should move like 2" or something? if you have bled a clutch you should know what to look. If it looks good that would rule out the master/slave cylinder and fluid

kyral
07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
A trans grinding into reverse believe it or not is actually totally normal on higher mileage transmissions. On most cars they dont have synchros but they use very robust gears to engage reverse.
when you say you put your foot to the floor and it wont shoot back up, are you talking about the clutch pedal? cause that could be part of your problem

luuzilla12
07-04-2017, 11:18 AM
A trans grinding into reverse believe it or not is actually totally normal on higher mileage transmissions. On most cars they dont have synchros but they use very robust gears to engage reverse.
when you say you put your foot to the floor and it wont shoot back up, are you talking about the clutch pedal? cause that could be part of your problem

yeah the clutch pedal it would just go up about half way, think it could be clutch? or master cylinder? or just replace the trans

kyral
07-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Id bleed your clutch line first.

Kingtal0n
07-07-2017, 06:01 PM
"hard to go in first" is a sign the clutch is not fully releasing. The grind in reverse is another symptom of a moving input shaft (clutch no released). You will:

bleed the line, check the fluid, then start replacing and inspecting parts that move the throwout bearing (slave master, line, slave, line, clutch fork, retainer clips, pivot ball, TO bearing)