PDA

View Full Version : Need help, fried eletrical headlight system

ghostuss
10-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I was putting in some Philips HID kit into my s14 today and I think I fried my passenger side eletrical harness. Bascially after switching things around and try everything out, I found out that the bulbs and ballast are fine. But now both of my passenger side high beam or low beam(with the stock lights) won't work, yet my right side works perfectly(With the same stock light bulb Or HID kit on). Anyone have any suggestion as to what exactly is wrong? What should I do to replace it? MAN...

In another word, what might be wrong with the passenger side lights, if the bulbs are good but it won't light up.

S14DB
10-14-2004, 09:46 PM
did you put the higher amp fuses in? did you check the fuses?

ghostuss
10-14-2004, 09:55 PM
did you put the higher amp fuses in? did you check the fuses?

No i didn't put in higher amp fuses. And I didn't check the fuses? Where do I go to check the fuses?

I am looking at the manual right now. It can either but the line from battery to the main circuit or the ground that can be causing this. I double it's the ground so it must be that 20A box like thingy on the manual. Is that the fuse you talking about?

|---|
| 0\|
| 0 |
-----

ok srry for the poor keyboard drawing. Imaging that is a little rectangle with 2 dots, one is white and the other is black and have a little wire connecting them. This is what I saw in the manual.

projectRDM
10-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Do NOT put higher amperage fuses in. They're rated a specific size for a reason.

Check both 20As. The switch is fine because you still have some power, so that's not it.

ghostuss
10-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Do NOT put higher amperage fuses in. They're rated a specific size for a reason.

Check both 20As. The switch is fine because you still have some power, so that's not it.

Praying it's the fuse. Yea the more I think about it the more I think it's the fuse. If it was the switch, both side will go out.