PDA

View Full Version : D-Speed T/C rod installation

sykikchimp
03-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Well the Pillowball T/C rods are on.  It is amazing how tight they make the car feel.  I haven't driven it alot yet, but man do they make a difference (remember, my old ones were the factory rubber bushings, and they were shot all to hell.)  So far I have yet to See ANY downside to buying these.  It doesn't even lower comfort at all.  I highly recommend getting pillowball T/C rods.  The ones are bought are very nice build quaity for the $170 I paid at project silvia.  If I had it to do over again, I would probably buy the monkey magic.  They look SUPER nice.

Only problem I ran into:

The bolts included with the D-speed T/c Rods aren't as storng as the factory ones, however they are lock nuts (with the little peice of plastice in the end, to keep them from comming loose.)  The FSM said torque to 88-108 ft.lbs.  I began torqueing the first nut down to about 95ft. lbs and right ass I was expecting it to click, It gets easier to turn..(shit..)  so right now, its on there tight, but not Bolted down like it sshould be.  I tightened the other one (there are 2 bolts on the end next to each other) down to about 80 ft. lb.
I did the same amount on the other T/c Rod on the opposite side.  80 ft, lb for both.  Hopefully I'll be ok.

Grant
03-10-2002, 01:27 AM
D-speed? I thought you got the RSPS (project silvia ones). have u notices that you can feel every single lil crack on the asphalt?

sykikchimp
03-10-2002, 08:49 AM
It feels good to me.  Ok, they probably are RSPS..  I thought they might be D-speed sense he there is nowhere on the that says what they are..  only "Top Speed"

They do make the car more sensitive, but not un-comfortably so.  It's a very nice addition.  I also got a set of Kumho Ecsta 712's yesterday (205/55 15)  so I felt a little more of the road with those too.  AMAZING tires though.  My car actually pushesa a little now.  I had some really bald Toyo's on there.